This item is in English. See bottom of the page for related items.
The summer of 74 burned hot. I remember being stood on that beach, soaked in blood, the Mediterranean sky wider than you can imagine. The smell of 630 and cypress and burning tyres. I remember turning away from the carnage we’d been ordered to wreak. I remember seeing the Others coming out of the water. I remember a voice louder than God screaming. I don’t remember anything after that.
Agents of Section 46 may be assigned almost anywhere on Earth, to carry out objectives for which they are unprepared, with minimal material support and no official sanction. They may have to perform acts that leave them psychologically scarred, consumed with self-loathing or growing ever-emptier inside, unable to maintain healthy relationships, only connecting with fellow human beings as covers or as preludes to betrayal.
They will be in regular physical danger, evading those who would arrest, torture or kill them, forced in turn to inflict pain and suffering on often-undeserving targets. And then there is the truly unpleasant side to their work…
Covert Actions is a collection of six ready-to-play scenarios for World War Cthulhu: Cold War, the 1970s espionage setting for Call of Cthulhu.
• Puddles become Lakes: A routine, if unpleasant mission to silence a nosy journalist proves
more complicated than first thought
• The Forcing Move: Reality crumbles around the 1972 Reykjavik World Chess Championship
• Cadenza: The Turkish Invasion of Cyprus echoes with deep secrets and hard choices
• The Guardians of the Forest: East Timor Descends into bloodshed and atrocity, and agents find themselves forced to decide which enemy they must defeat.
• Operation Header: The Arctic holds more than abandoned Distant Early Warning listening posts.
• The Unclean: The agents are activated to investigate a death cult in Moscow. What could possibly go wrong?